Tags

Breakfast (2) Cafe (4) CDB (4) Fortitude Valley (2) Lunch (6) Markets (1) New Farm (2)

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

When sometimes only a burger will do

Grill'd
Where:Eagle Street Pier, Brisbane 4000 Ph. 3221 2907
Other Locations
Nutrition Information: http://www.grilld.com.au/section/nutrition/
Meal: Grill'd Caesar's Palace ($11.90) + Gluten Free Bun ($1.50)

This post comes with a bit of a caveat, and a pretty funny one at that. Really there menu board says it all "Gluten Free Bun* $1.50 *May contain traces of gluten".

Basically at Grill'd they've got all the ingredients for the delicious Gluten Free burger around just not the environment for it. So whether you eat here or not comes down to your opinion on the zero gluten policy. Most stores are quite good and cover cutting boards and surfaces for the gluten free orders but there is always that chance. (I've also tagged this post Low Gluten because it might not be gluten free)

Doom and gloom aside Grill'd do make some of tastiest burgers around gluten free or not. The hardest part I find is choosing. My favourites tend to be chicken ones but I often order beef because I'm at a burger place. Today I opted for the "Caesar's palace" which I'd basically the burger equivalent of a caesar salad. Not my number one favorite but every bit as good as it sounds.



My top 3 burgers would have to be:
  • Bird and Brie
  • Mustard and pickled!
  • Baa Baa' Burger
It may not be a 100% gluten free solution but if you need a nice "up market" fast food place and not have to worry about strange looks it might be worth the risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment